I think a lot. I think a lot about this blog. I love it because it makes me think, but there is definitely that line of overthinking that brings me to paralysis. I can’t believe the paralysis wears off and now there are 62 posts here. 62! I can’t believe it.
Inspiration is my favorite word of 2013. These things and more keep my passion fired up:
- Rob earning his MASTER’S DEGREE (totally deserves bold and all caps and more)
- Shane playing hockey (“on skates” …enough said)
- Nate becoming a man (swallowing a huge throat lump here)
- Growing things in our garden
- Practicing power yoga alone (wow, I can do it!) or in a group (we rock!)
- FOOD: talking about, reading about, cooking it, sharing/blogging it!
What inspired you this past year?
‘Tis the season for Apple Cider Caramels. I love the slightly salty-chewiness of Fleur de Sel Caramels, but surprised myself by loving these even more with their smooth, buttery caramelness and “bang-zoom” apple cider/cinnamon punch. Once made, I have to go to great lengths to hide them: there’s no way to keep it a secret with the smell of apple cider wafting through the house and that’s when my family vultures start circling!
The caramel making process is photographed and outlined in my Fleur de Sel Caramel post and this recipe is ever so slightly easier. For wrapping, either buy the cellophane wrappers which will save a lot of time and are worth the money – about $14 for 1,000. Or, cut up fifty, 4 inch squares of waxed or parchment paper.
Once upon a time, if you asked me what my favorite candy was, it would’ve been anything chocolate. Now, it’s these. I can hide them from my family, but how do I hide them from myself?